Why You Can Win Your Case
In Massachusetts, Drunk Driving (OUI, DUI, DWI) Defense is a specialized area of the law. You need to speak to a lawyer who concentrates in fighting your OUI case. You should ask any lawyer you speak to how many Drunk Driving trials he or she has had in the past year. Mr. Milligan handles approximately 50-60 trials a year. Approximately 70-80% of his cases are resolved by way of Acquittal/Not Guilty or Dismissal.
Our Massachusetts DUI Lawyer is here to defend your drunk driving charge
- In Massachusetts, more than half the people who fight their Drunk Driving (OUI, DUI, DWI) cases win and your chances increase dramatically if you have an experienced Massachusetts drunk driving lawyer!
- If you have a breath test do not automatically think you should plead. It is difficult for the government to introduce the test even with the appropriate documentation.
- The so called "Field Sobriety Tests" do not test your sobriety at all, but rather are abnormal, unusual balance and coordination tests given under a stressful, intimidating, and nerve-racking environment in which you were asked to perform them.
NOTE: There is no correlation between a suspect's performance on field sobriety tests and their ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- The Field Sobriety Tests were probably not done according to the police officers training manual.
- There are dozens of ways to impeach the accuracy of the field tests. For instance, the most common field tests are no more than 68% accurate.
- The Government has the burden of proof to find you guilty Beyond a Reasonable Doubt which is a Huge Hurdle if you do not have a lawyer experienced in Massachusetts Drunk Driving OUI, DUI, DWI) cases.
- Most officers will admit that what they observed could have been caused by a lack of coordination, lack of balance, nervousness or fatigue.
- The jury will not know that you refused the breath or blood test because it can't be used against you.
- The jury will not know if you refused the Field Sobriety Tests because it can't be used against you.
- The jury will not know if you have prior offenses for operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol.
- Your chances increase dramatically if you hire a lawyer who concentrates in defending Drunk Driving (OUI, DUI, DWI) cases in Massachusetts.