What Happens After my Arrest?
- Contact us, experienced Massachusetts DUI Attorneys, as soon as possible and prior to your Drunk Driving (OUI, DUI, DWI) arraignment, if possible.
- If you are not represented at the arraignment, the court will enter a plea of not guilty on your behalf or you should indicate to the Court if asked that you want to enter a plea of not guilty. The Court will then give you a date to return to court for a pre-trial conference. You should request a date in approximately two weeks..
- You were probably given a 15 day temporary license. You have 30 days to appeal the suspension of your license and no matter what anyone tells you, it is possible to get your license back!
- Do not do anything until you speak to an experienced Massachusetts Drunk Driving Attorney. There are a lot of collateral consequences to admitting to a drunk driving and you need to know about them to make an informed decision.
- WARNING: Massachusetts Drunk Driving Defense is a specialized area of the law. You need to speak to a lawyer who concentrates in fighting this type of case. Massachusetts law now considers drunk driving cases over your lifetime, this will affect you.